Interval House, CT’s largest domestic violence intervention and prevention agency, was delighted to receive individually-sewn pillowcases from seventh-grade students from Timothy Edwards Middle School in South Windsor, Conn. Gerber Technology assisted students by cutting the material on one of its computer-controlled cutting systems during the annual Expand Your Horizons day at the school. These pillowcases will brighten the rooms for the many children who stay at Interval House.
For more information or to donate items, please contact our in-kind coordinator at 860-246-9149 ext. 358.
HARTFORD SHELTER NEEDS
All shelter items listed should be new
- Digital Camera for Shelter use
- Gift cards, Walgreen’s, CVS, Gas, Wal-Mart, Target, American Express, Visa, etc.
- Gift cards, Grocery, Stop & Shop, Price Rite, Price Choppers, etc.
- Diapers – larger sizes
- Underwear – all sizes (women & children)
- Pajamas – all sizes (seasonal fabrics)
- Flip-Flops, Slippers – all sizes
- Bath robes
- Twin size comforters (if possible, children’s theme or solid color)
- Twin fitted sheets
- Twin size blankets (seasonal)
- Bath towels and wash cloths
- Alarm clocks
- Umbrellas – small folding size
- Pre-paid phone cards
- Bus tokens and passes
- Calendars (monthly pocket size)
- Journals/ notebooks
- First aid supplies
- Hand sanitizer and liquid hand soap
- Cleaning products – bleach, pine-sol, lestoil, fantastic, etc.
- Cleaning supplies – mops, brooms, swifter’s, sponges
- Lysol spray and wipes (or any other brand disinfectant )
- Toilet tissue
- Paper towels
- Paper goods – dishes, cups, napkins, etc.
- Food storage bags – all sizes
- Plastic garbage bags – tall, large & 55+ sizes
- Detergent – laundry
- Detergent – dish washing (automatic & regular)