The following checklist may help you decide if you or someone you know is being abused.
Does your partner:
- constantly criticize you and your abilities as a spouse or partner, parent or employee?
- behave in an over-protective manner or become extremely jealous?
- threaten to hurt you, your children, pets, family members, friends or himself?
- prevent you from seeing family or friends?
- get suddenly angry or “lose his temper”?
- destroy personal property or throw things around?
- deny you access to family assets like bank accounts, credit cards, or the car, or control all finances and force you to account for what you spend?
- use intimidation or manipulation to control you or your children?
- hit, punch, slap, kick, shove, choke or bite you?
- prevent you from going where you want to, when you want to, and with whomever you want to?
- make you have sex when you don’t want to or do things sexually that you don’t want to do?
- humiliate or embarrass you in front of other people?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you may be a victim of domestic violence. You are not to blame and you are not alone – millions of women are abused by their partners every year. In any case, you need not face domestic violence alone. You deserve help, and help is available by calling 860-527-0550.
"We support Interval House so women and children will not have to experience stress, fear and violence. The transition support they offer is priceless - and they are truly changing the future."
-- Bob and Gloria Gery, Founding Members of Interval House's Giving Society and Legacy Donors
May 13, 2017: Step Out & Step Up Gala
The Society Room, Hartford.
Do you want to help save and change the lives of victims of domestic violence? Click here and see how you can organize a Third-Party Event!
Linea de crisis
Standing with abused women and children in their struggle for safety and justice, Interval House provides a safe place to live as well as concrete information and education to understand and deal with their individual situations.
Find Us On: