Third-Party Event Guidelines
Thank you so much for your interest in holding a third-party event to benefit Interval House! Third-party events are “grassroots” happenings, organized and sponsored by volunteers to minimize impact on our agency and staff. Below are a few guidelines we ask that you consider when planning your event:
Marketing and Promotion
- Publicity for your event should reflect Interval House as a beneficiary, and not as hosting the event (i.e. “proceeds from XYZ Event will benefit Interval House”).
- All promotional materials related to an event benefiting Interval House should be reviewed by Interval House prior to distribution (e.g. flyers, press releases, tickets, brochures, posters, etc.). This is simply to ensure accurate representation of our agency, and proper use of our logo.
How we can help with your event:
- Approval of the use of the Interval House name and logo (please do not use them without asking)
- A letter of authorization to be used to validate the authenticity and intention of the event and its organizers
- Promotion of your event, when appropriate
- Acknowledgement of and tax receipts for contributions made payable to Interval House
How we cannot help with your event:
- Assistance in soliciting donations, handling mailings, attending committee meetings, recruiting attendees or collecting monies
- Providing our tax-exempt number for making any purchases related to your event (prohibited by the IRS)
- Guaranteed staff attendance at the event
- Access to donor lists or contacts
- Responsibility of any kind associated with the event, including, but not limited to: vendor or site contracts, expenses, purchases, insurance, or liability coverage
The Small Type
- You are responsible for complying with all IRS regulations registrations applicable to your event.
- The State of Connecticut requires registration of all gaming at events, including raffles, bingo, casino nights, etc. Charitable game applications can be obtained by writing State of Connecticut, Division of Special Revenue, P.O. Box 310424, Newington, CT 06131-0424 or by visiting their website. Visit rafflefaq.com for information on other states.
Post Event Follow Up
Please share your event details, stories, and photos with us so we highlight your happening in our newsletter and other promotions. Checks representing event proceeds should be made payable to “Hartford Interval House” and mailed to the following address:
Hartford Interval House
Attn: Third-Party Event / [your event name]
P.O. Box 340207
Hartford, CT 06134-0207
Questions? Call Amanda Delaura at 860-838-8461.
Good luck with your event. Many thanks for your kindness and generosity!