In Kind/Wish List
Our safe house relies on generous donations of household goods, cleaning supplies, furniture, and bedding throughout the year. We accept item donations by appointment only on Wednesdays between 10am and 4pm. To make an appointment, please call Donna Szarwak at 860-246-9149 ext. 358 (please allow a week for response). For a smooth delivery, please fill out this form and bring it with you to your appointment. Interval House personnel will provide you with a signed tax receipt at drop off.
ONGOING SAFE HOUSE NEEDS
Empowering women and families to experience a fresh start is a big part of our mission, so we do ask that items collected for donation are new and unused.
- Gift Cards (Groceries) Stop & Shop, Shop Rite, Price Rite, Costco & Sam’s Club, etc. for families to purchase food and grocery items for their homes.
- Gift Cards (Pharmacies) Walgreens, CVS, etc. to assist with the purchase of medical and personal care items.
- Gift Cards (Restaurants) Dunkin’ Donuts, McDonalds, Subway, Burger King to assist families who are working or traveling with food purchases on the go.
- Gift Cards (General) WalMart, Target, Visa, MasterCard, etc. for purchase of items necessary for a variety of employment, special, and household item needs.
- Bus Passes (CT Transit) or Gas Station Gift Cards to assist with transportation costs for employment and appointments.
- Diapers and baby wipes
- Cleaning Products – bleach, Pine-sol, Lysol, disinfectant spray/wipes
- Detergent – dish washing (automatic & regular)
- Laundry Detergent
- Liquid hand soap
- Paper towels/toilet tissue/Kleenex
- Paper goods – dishes, cups, napkins, plastic flatware, etc. (in an effort to be kind to our Earth, we prefer to avoid styrofoam)
- Pajamas – seasonal fabrics – all sizes (women)
- Slippers/Flip flops – all sizes (women & children)
- Underwear – all sizes (women & children)
- Umbrellas (folding size)
Please note we cannot accept used clothing. If you have used clothing for donation, we recommend contacting Charities of Hope at 860-424-0093.