In Kind/Wish List
Our safe house relies on generous donations of household goods, cleaning supplies, furniture, and bedding throughout the year.
We accept item donations by appointment only on Wednesdays between 10am and 4pm. To make an appointment, please email Assistant Director Heather Flannery or call her at 860-838-8453. For a smooth delivery, please fill out this form and bring it with you to your appointment. Interval House personnel will provide you with a signed tax receipt at drop off.
HARTFORD SHELTER NEEDS
Empowering women and families to experience a fresh start is a big part
of our mission, so we do ask that items collected for donation are new
- Gift Cards (Groceries) Stop & Shop, Shop Rite, Price Rite, Costco & Sam’s Club, etc. for families to purchase food and grocery items for their homes.
- Gift Cards (Pharmacies) Walgreens, CVS, etc. to assist with the purchase of medical and personal care items.
- Gift Cards (General) WalMart, Target, Visa, MasterCard, etc. for purchase of items necessary for a variety of employment, special, and household item needs.
- Bus Passes, or Gas Station Gift Cards to assist with transportation costs for employment and appointments.
- Pajamas – seasonal fabrics – all sizes (women)
- Slippers/Flip flops – all sizes (women & children)
- Underwear – (women & children)
- Umbrellas (folding size)
- Diapers and baby wipes
- Cleaning Products – bleach, Pine-sol, Lysol, disinfectant spray/wipes
- Detergent – dish washing (automatic & regular)
- Laundry Detergent
- Liquid hand soap
- Paper towels/toilet tissue/Kleenex
- Paper goods – dishes, cups, napkins, plastic flatware, etc.
Please note we currently do not have a need for used clothing. If you have used clothing for donation, we recommend contacting Charities of Hope at 860-424-0093.